XAUI on V5 FX200T

I am trying to implement a 10G MAC/XAUI design on a Virtex 5 FX200T FPGA. I have tested the same design on a V5 LX100T FPGA successfully and have now generated appropriate MAC/XAUI cores for the the FX200T FPGA. The issue I am seeing now is that data is being sent out of the MAC into the XAUI block, but the XAUI core does not seem to be sending data over a CX4 cable connected to another identical board.

- Using XAUI v10.1, ISE 14.1

- Hitech Global HTG-V5-PCIE-200-2 development board with a CX4 adapter

- Using GTX tiles 116 and 120

- Fowarding reference clock from GTX 124 (powered down) to GTX 116 and

120

- Able to confirm the following on chipscope: align_status = '1', sync_status = "1111", mgt_tx_ready = '1', mgt_rxlock = '1', and all clocks in the design are active

I have used iBERT to check the transcievers and see no bit errors in near-end PCS and PMA loopback modes. However, when the loopback mode is set to none on one card and set to far-end PMA/PCS on another card, there are continuous bit-errors. The link remains high throughout. I am not sure if there are any settings in the transceiver that I need to modify.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Reply to
explore