Sending and receiving of 10GBASE-R Ethernet frames via GTX transceivers in FPGA?

Hi,

I'm working on a code which is supposed to send and receive 10GBASE-R Ethernet frames via SFP+ modules connected to the GTX transceiver in a Kintex-7 FPGA.

I've read the section 4 of 802.3-2012 standard and the ug476_7Series_Transceivers.pdf, but it still unclear to me how to send the correct Ethernet frame, directly driving the TX Gearbox of the GTX...

As the core is supposed to be used in an Open Source project, I'd like to avoid using the 10-Gigabit Ethernet PCS/PMA available from Xilinx.

I'll appreciate any hints...

--
Thank you in advance,
Wojtek

W dniu sobota, 29 marca 2014 21:30:13 UTC+1 u?ytkownik snipped-for-privacy@gmail.co m napisa?:

ernet frames via SFP+ modules connected to the GTX transceiver in a Kintex-

7 FPGA.

sceivers.pdf, but it still unclear to me how to send the correct Ethernet f rame, directly driving the TX Gearbox of the GTX...

avoid using the 10-Gigabit Ethernet PCS/PMA available from Xilinx.

OK. I've got it. Everything is Table 49-7, on page 266 in 802.3-2008_sectio n4.pdf, available from

2012_section4.pdf

Of course one must also consider "pauses" required by the gearboxes impleme nted by the GT Wizard (as described in "TX Gearbox" and "RX Gearbox" sections in the ug476 7 Series FPGAs GTX/GTH Transceivers User Guide)

Regards, Wojtek

Regards, Wojtek

Reply to
wzab01

If you're doing 10G Ethernet and open sourcing it, please send us a link to your OS project. Sounds interesting, thanks.

Rupert

Reply to
rupertlssmith