Xilinx CPLD programming tool under Linux

Hi all !

I'm wondering if a basic tool already exist to program Xilinx CPLD (XC95144 and so) under Linux (preferably with the old Parralle cable III)

Thanks, Habib.

--
HBV
Reply to

Doesn't ISE itself have such a tool?

If all else fails, you can port the sample app in xapp058 to whatever hardware you have. I've done that with a USB adapter[1] to program an XC9572XL[2] with FC6.

[1]
[2]
DJ Delorie

Le Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:49:43 -0400, DJ Delorie a écrit:

Hi ! It's always a pleasure to speak with you M. Delorie

I'm working with WebPack ISE and i guess that the programming tools (ImpACT) is a native MS-Windows tool and did not work under GNU/Linux. I'm building a parallel cable for my own so i did not already test it.

I will take a look to this xapp058. Many thanks.

--
HBV
Reply to

Use impact with

Don't bother with the windriver kernel module...

Uwe Bonnes

Le Wed, 09 Apr 2008 20:32:53 +0000, Uwe Bonnes a écrit:

Hi !

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Building this library allows us (Linux user's) to program Xilinx devices with impact (in command line) and usb or parrallel cable III.

I will try this next week (time to build my own parrallel cable III)

PS : Although the DJ Delorie solution (xapp058) requires more work, I would go more deeply later.

Many thanks, Habib.

--
HBV
Reply to

Habib Bouaziz-Viallet wrote: ...

If you like to go the SVF way, urjtag (look on sourceforge) can play SVF on many adapters.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

Le Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:36:35 +0000, Uwe Bonnes a écrit:

Ok thanks Uwe !

--
HBV
Reply to

WebPACK ISE for Linux comes with Impact that runs file on Linux.

Reply to
Eric Smith