Virtex2PV20 programming failed, DONE pin doesn't go HIGH

Hi! I am using a Virtex2PV20, and one PPC core is used in my design. I drag a PPC Jtag controller core into the design in order to debug my SW code. however, I failed to program the device with the generated bitstream. iMPACT reports the DONE pin doesn't go high. In Bitgen, Jtag clock has been explicitly specified. I think the main reason of programming failure is that some wrong options were selected in Bitgen phase due to the fact that I am not familiar with how JTAG works. could someone guide me how to work out the problem? thank you! BRs.

--yang

Reply to
qudhs

You need to add both PPC in your device to JTAGPPC as documented on pg.

117ff in the "PowerPC 405 Processor Block Reference Guide".

- Peter

qudhs wrote:

Reply to
Peter Ryser

I think i am having the same problem. Can someone clarify these instructions a little more on how to fix this issue.

Thanks

Matt

Reply to
Matthew E Rosenthal

Matthew,

answer record 4582 provides some more information and even design examples for different EDK versions. See

- Peter

Matthew E Rosenthal wrote:

Reply to
Peter Ryser