Virtex II Pro Linux

Hi,

I thought I would let you know that I have now got Linux booting and running a sash shell on the serial console.

I use the Microblaze serial driver, a little of the Mind patches (however I had to rewrite the interrupt controller driver because of the swapped registers and fix other bits) and stuff I have written myself. This runs on stock 2.4.21, not the Montavista kernel.

There are a few issues like busybox having problems because of a bug in the page table code which causes problems for shared binaries. I had to implement a fix for the Xilinx TLB errata and a few other bits and I think this has introduced a subtle bug somewhere.

More info when the port is complete at which point I will post a link.

Jon.

Reply to
Jon Masters

hi,Jon I am working on ML300. Now i have generated the configuration file(top.bit) and tested some app in BRAM. I have maken the linux image from MontaVista 2.4.18.I don't know how to download the OS image into sdram and debug the OS. Can it be downloaded to sdram with the Parallel Cable IV through JTAG interface?

I hear someone says the OS will be combined with .bit into .ace file. Counld you give me some hints?

Reply to
hyding