Virtex II Pro XC2VP100

Hi friends

The Virtex II pro (XC2VP100) device is not Configuring through Impact7.1

When i try to check with CRO what is happeing at the BOUNDARY SCAN SIGNAL TDO ,TDI,TCK ,TMS

I found TDI,TMS,TDI signals are okay .THE TDO is always stuck a one(pulled up by 220 ohm resisitor preferred by xilinix).

The prog Pin is pulled up to 3.3V through 4.7k.The Init pin is pulled u to 3.3v through 4.7k.These all are xilinx reccomendation.

I could not understand what will be reason for the TDO is always high a one and how to solve the problem.

The impact is always throughing Impact -583 error. Expeting your valuabe replies

Thanks in advance

Reply to
rmanand

Hello,

What cable are you using for programming? If it is a cable IV, Is it powered (LED is green not yellow)? Is this the only device in the chain? The cable IV needs power on pin 2 of the cable to match the IO supply of the device to be programmed. Check your mode control bits. I have programmed the V2P40 using both JTAG and serial with the mode bits set for serial slave. I would try a larger resistor and see if your symptoms change. (The Virtex Pro spec states >200 ohms.) Try a 1K or 2K?

I am not familiar with the CRO acronym. Did you look at the timing and levels with a scope? We had trouble with the TDO->TDI on one part in the chain and the signals were not passing at 5MHz. Dropping the cable speed helped but fixing the path (missing a pullup) got us running reliably.

Regards, Bart

Reply to
Nitro

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I am using CABLE parallel III . Actually two device is in the chain.Both are not detected.So checking the First device.

I have set the control bit 101(m2,m1,m0).I have tired 1 1 1 combinatio also .But no use.

I have already used 1.2K but Nochange .So i came down to 220 oh resisitor.I will try to use 2k

I have checked TCK and TMS .TDI levels .It is okay.But TDO is logi high always.Now the cable speed is 200khz only

Expecting your reply

Thanks in advance

chain?

the

JTAG

Virtex

the

speed

Impact7.1e

SIGNALS

up

at

Reply to
rmanand

"rmanand" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:r-udneWS_pGnJzreRVn snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

you are out of luck sitting on mal functioning board and/or FPGA

what you describe is 'broken' JTAG chain, this is the point where you can not do any further testing until you get something non stuck 1 out of the TDO. unless that works the JTAG testing can not be done.

the m2m1m0 do not matter. virtually nothing matters, as long as the JTAG pins are connected to correct pads and FPGA is powered up correctly, then you should see something.

just use impact debug mode, set 1111 to IR scan and click scan IR until you then at least one 0 in the response you are out of luck.

check schematics, PCB power etc.. do it again do it again until you get the jtag scan working

if you have 2 devices in the chain you can not check the JTAG unless both of them work so check TDO of the first device first if that toggles and the TDO of the second device not then error is with first.

but you can not detect 1 out of 2, it will be either

2 or nothing, in your case nothing

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Do you have a pullup resistor on the TDI/TDO chain between the FPGAs? It is needed, apparently only on the V2Pro devices (I use 150ohms).

Reply to
Duane Clark

rmanand wrote: Hi

Thanks for your reply. >Do you have a pullup resistor on the TDI/TDO chain between the FPGAs It

Yeah i am suing 220 ohm resistor.Xilinx reccomends >200 ohm.so i di not go below 200 ohm.

Reply to
rmanand

Hi Thanks for your reply

I checked the both device .TDO of the fist pin low without Pull u with pull up it is high.It is not toggeled.

The second FPGA is also same

I have read somewhere, If TDO is high , FPGAS are in Reset state.Wha Can be cause for the Reset.

I have checked the powersupply connections,The connection is okay Upt the last PTH nearer to the pad .

I have put the Devices in Master slave mode.The CCK is coming out.S device is okay.

We have two board.One board is working fine after adding TDo pul up 220 ohm resistor.One board is the problem.

Please give your Valuable suggestion

Thanks and Regards Muruganand.