Xilinx Virtex II MAC & PHY. ( HELP)

Hi

I am working with Xilinx Virtex II FPGA. There is a soft core MAC and daughter card PHY. I am not using any kind of Stack. I am trying to implement Ethernet to Ethernet. I am able to send packet on the wire from the MAC through they PHY and I am able receive these packets back also through the PHY and MAC. I am able to do this loopback through writing bogus source MAC address and my own MAC address as the destination address. The MAC does NOT overwrite source address (option is not selected). Now I have created an arp entry in the table for my board MAC. ex. arp -s 192.168.1.0 00-00-01-02-03-04. I can verify the entry its there. Now when I Ping my board from pc the packet is never received. Any help will greatly appreciated. I been working on this for couple of days.

thanks.

TONY

Reply to
Tony K

Is that the exact ip address? The default netmask for that would make it illegal.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Reply to
Ben Jackson
[snip]

If you don't do that already you might run a network sniffer, like Ethereal

to trace what is going on on the network.

Then you will see whether the packet actually leaves your PC.

The IP address that you posted is actually a network address. You might try to use 192.168.1.1.

BTW, what is IP address and subnet mask of the PC?

Guenter

Reply to
Guenter Dannoritzer