SystemACE problem

Hi,

As a student I'm working on a project which requires us to read a file from a Compact Flash card using the Xilinx SystemACE controller on the XUP V2P developement boards. Because of a bug in our program it ended up in an endless loop, so it never got to the fclose() statement. Now it seamed that the whole CompactFlash filesystem had gone corrupted by this. Now I have tryed many different methods of formatting the Compact Flash card (even used mkdos fs, with its needed arguments) and the card works on any compact flash card reader for pc but for some reason the xup board doesn't want to read from the compact flash card anymore. Has anyone of you encountered that same problem, or maybe knows a solution to this problem?

thanks in advance for your help

Arne Demmers

Reply to
Arne Demmers

"Arne Demmers" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@scarlet.biz...

checkl first that the systemACE works buy a new CF card format with FAT16 copy a good known .ACE into the root dir insert card check if the FPGA gets configured,

then proceed with next steps..

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

"Antti Lukats" schreef in bericht news:dogku2$ia2$01$ snipped-for-privacy@news.t-online.com...

Thanks for your fast anwer, but have tried an other CF card and then it worked again, untill we came up with a similar loop problem in our code, and the file system was corrupted again.

Btw, at this moment We're not using the CF card to configure our device, just as a medium were we can read some data (.jpg in our case)

Greets, Arne

Reply to
Arne Demmers

"Arne Demmers" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@scarlet.biz...

get winhex program and check the card afer it gets unreadable maybe it gives a clue whats up

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats