vhdl and clock-pin

Hi,

when I use a CLK input-pin in vhdl in my top-level file, is this automatically the clk signal of my device? Or do I have to constrain it to the correct PIN?

regards, Benjamin

Reply to
Benjamin Menküc

Hi,

I figured out that I have to do it. It works now. Thanks anyway :)

regards, Benjamin

Reply to
Benjamin Menküc

Benjamin,

DesignF/X from

(free trial download) helps address these kinds of issues; it assists with the import of top-level HDL, and guides in the tagging of clock pins to specific pins and to data busses. Once that is done, it also helps you ensure that pins selected for your data sync are compatible and served by the clock pin you selected.

With best wishes, Manu Pillai

Reply to
dfx