VGA core

Hello:

Does anyone have a opb vga core for the MicroBlaze?

Thanks

Reply to
FAS3

Hi!

I have one. However it is not generic at the moment. You would have to calculate the needed values for the timing-generation yourself (atm it uses a pixel clock of 21.5MHz). However I have problems with the bandwith of the OPB-Bus. It seems that it is too slow to deliver the needed video data. The best solution I think is to merge the VGA controller into the RAM controller.

Matthias

Reply to
Matthias Alles

There is one that is loaded on the Spartan 3 starter kit. The source is available from the Xilinx web. You probably can get an idea of resource usage from it. The name of the subcomponent is opb_color_video_ctrl_v1_00_a. I don't know if it is a licensed IP.

-Newman

Reply to
newman5382

You might want to have a look at the EDK reference design for the ML401 board:

It does have a PLB VGA controller in the pcores directory. The PLB is used for bandwidth reasons.

- Peter

FAS3 wrote:

Reply to
Peter Ryser

Don't forget about XESS website

They have a VGA display example on their Examples webpage:

The file links are:

It is intended for their products but it is generic enough where it can be used with other designs.

Derek

FAS3 wrote:

Reply to
DerekSimmons