Use EMC to control a FIFO ?

Hi, all. I want to use a fifo(Xilinx IPCore) outside microblaze(of course insid the chip). Now , I use GPIO of microblaze to control fifo. The problem i the empty and full signal of fifo is synchronous to read/write clock .An the read/write clock is simply offered by GPIO. That cause the empty an full keep the state at last read/write operation. So I cannot use thes signal to generate interrupt to tell microblaze to operate fifo.

I think use EMC can solve the problem above. Am I right? Or, is there the better way to control fifo by microblaze ?

Any suggest is welcome ! Many thanks !

Reply to
kenton