use differential I/O simultaneously

Hi all,

Are there any method to use differential I/O simultaneously?

Firstly, route in_P + in_N pad to pad connects to out_P + out_N.

Secondly, route IBUFDS ( .I(in_P) .IB(in_N) .O (out_put) );

The purpose to doing this is I need No Delay on first route and then process "out_put" as normal signal.

Please help.

Thanks!

yickma

yickma

  1. Looks like a Xilinx device - which one?

  1. Simultaneously with each other, or something else?

  2. How simultaneously? (In femtoseconds, for instance)

RCIngham

Newer Xilinx parts have a IBUFDS_DIFF_OUT primitive which gives access to inverted and non-inverted inputs. Obviously there will be a delay from the pad to the output of the buffer - you can't route through the FPGA with no delay. However the delay to each output should be fairly well matched.

Normally the only reason to use the IBUFDS_DIFF_OUT primitive is that you have some unusual connection requirement like using two IDELAY primitives - not because you need an inverted copy of the input.

-- Gabor

Reply to
Gabor