Unable to connect to PowerPC target. Invalid Processor Version No 0x00000000

Hi, I have the following problem:

I want to configure my virtex II pro with powerpc but when I try to download with JTAG the application doesn't run. So I have tried to use XMD, but when I init this debug I find this message. I have asked to Xilinx, and they have some solutions for this, but this doesn't work.

Did anyone take this problem?

PD: I use ISE/EDK 8.1

Regards

Reply to
Pablo

Not sure if this will help (since you contacted Xilinx already), but the following answer record is pretty comprehensive about this issue:

One way to debug this is to add a Chiscope with all the relevant PPC signals (RSTC405RESETCORE, etc.. see answer record).

You also might look around and tweak the files xmd.ini and /etc/ xmd_ppc405_0.opt. They are the ones that get executed when you "Launch XMD". Avoid connect-disconnect-connect sequences, it fails with the error message above (in my case anyway).

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Dubois

If you used wizard to build the design or if it is one of the reference designs, then the most likely problem is DCM not being locked for whatever reason (bad/wrong external clock, DCM frequency range is wrong for the frequency, etc.)

Also, if this happens during debugging with a design that usually works, try reloading your bit file.

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM

Or my personal favourite, DCM reset polarity is inverted because you forgot to change the parameter setting from the default :)

-Ben-

Reply to
Ben Jones

I use the wizard to create a model for custom board. In which I configure clock (100->125), add leds and ddr. I don't change anymore. Where is this parameter?. How is it configured?

Reply to
Pablo

The problem is typically caused by reset or clocking, i.e. the processor is not in a state where it can answer to JTAG requests. For a start you can directly feed the clock into the processor (no DCM) and get rid of the reset connections to the PPC405.

- Peter

Pablo wrote:

Reply to
Peter Ryser

Finally I configure dcm with a C_DFS_FREQUENCY_MODE to HIGH and Reset Polarity to High. Now it seems to work fine.Although I have though to get rid of the reset signals and to configure PowerPC with the clock directly.

Regards

Reply to
Pablo

In the System Assembly view, if you right-click on the DCM instance and select "configure IP", you'll find a parameter at the bottom called "Reset Polarity" (0 is active low, 1 is active high).

But if you didn't add any DCMs manually yourself, then this is probably not your problem.

Cheers,

-Ben-

Reply to
Ben Jones