System ACE and remotely reconfiguring an XUP board?

I would like to remotely force a reconfiguration of my XUP board from CompactFlash by talking to the SysACE chip, perhaps with an iMPACT script. According to the "System ACE CompactFlash Solution" document (ds080.pdf), the necessary capability is available through the CONTROLREG register, but that register is unfortunately not exposed through the JTAG interface (as verified in the xccace.bsd BSDL file).

But perhaps there's some other way of accomplishing the same thing? Does anybody have any suggestions?

Reply to
Neil Steiner

"Neil Steiner" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@vt.edu...

one solution is to download into the FPGA a very small special core that does nothing else as force reconfig using the MPU interface. if the bitstream done with compress enabled then it would be rather small

other solution you can use the FPGA boundary scan to emulate acccess to the sysace MPU

both not so easy but sure doable

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Oh. I like it. I think I'm going to try that. Thanks.

Reply to
Neil Steiner

... and that worked beautifully. Again, thanks.

Reply to
Neil Steiner