Linux USB XUP board

Hi

After some have reported success with the ise 7.1.04i i tried to get the impact running.

The installation was running setup_pcusb editing usb_usermap and replacing the 7 with the 9 so that fxload was started for the xup board.

I tried Centos 3 (which didn't work at all since impact segfaulted every time when issuing "setMode -bs")

Debian Sarge with 2.4.6. and WinDriver v6.03 (orig xilinx) or v7.01 gives:

// *** BATCH CMD : setMode -bs // *** BATCH CMD : setCable -port ttyS1 -baud -1 Reusing A1022C81 key. Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB22). Checking cable driver. File version of /iss/share/linux/xilinx/ise71/bin/lin/xusbdfwu.hex = 101 (dec), 03FA. File version of /etc/hotplug/usb/xusbdfwu.fw/xusbdfwu.hex = 1018(dec), 03FA. Cable connection failed. // *** BATCH CMD : setCable -port ttyS1 -baud -1 Reusing A1022C81 key. Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB22). Checking cable driver. File version of /iss/share/linux/xilinx/ise71/bin/lin/xusbdfwu.hex = 101 (dec), 03FA. File version of /etc/hotplug/usb/xusbdfwu.fw/xusbdfwu.hex = 1018(dec), 03FA. Max current requested during enumeration is 150 mA. Cable Type = 3, Revision = 0. Setting cable speed to 6 MHz. Cable connection established. Firmware version = 1018. CPLD file version = 0006h. CPLD version = 4311h. // *** BATCH CMD : Identify PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation. Identifying chain contents ....read count != nBytes, rc = FFFFFFFF. read failed FFFFFFFF. '1': : Manufacturer's ID =Unknown INFO:iMPACT:501 - '1': Added Device UNKNOWN successfully.

Any ideas to resolve this issue are apreciated ST

Reply to
S.T.

Kernel 2.4.6? This is pretty old, albeit the real problem I suggest you first update your kernel.

ttyS1 is a serial (probably rs232) port. I don't own a usb cable, but even if it emulates a serial port I guess it won't be called ttyS1 (ttyS1 is usually the second serial port, in DOS-speak COM2).

It should also be noted that it is always a good idea to use up-to-date cable drivers, at least my parallel cable needs the new windriver (>7.0.0) if I don't want to patch it for using it with kernels newer than 2.6.11.

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Wenn die Kuh am Himmel schwirrt, hat sich die Natur geirrt
Reply to
Adrian Knoth

Hi Adrian

Mh, tried different versions from 2.4.6, 2.4.26 and 2.6.13 all with the same error :-(

No i *think* that this is just a message because they ported it from the serial cable? I haven't seen any use of the usb serial driver from impact, windriver etc.

Yes, the parallel cable works here without problems. But we want do buy more of these xup boards but if we have to buy new cables for each of these boards it gets to expensive.

Thanks ST

Reply to
S.T.