synthesis time with XST

Hello,

I'm using ISE 8.1 and I'm facing problems to synthesize my VHDL project. This project was simulated in modsim without problems. The synthesis process is on-going for several minutes. I would like to know which kind of problem in my project could cause such behavior? Thank you in advance, Fabio

Reply to
Fabio Rodrigues de la Rocha

Hard to say. You haven't given us much. Some of my sims run overnight. Have you given it enough time?

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

Well, I has been running for 40 minutos. However, I don' t have any idea how long is "enought time". I thought it was a problem in my code.

Thank you, Fabio

Brad Smallridge wrote:

Reply to
Fabio Rodrigues de la Rocha

Hmm. I misread your post. It could be hung. What part are you running? BRad Smallridge

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

What is the code that you are trying to run?? May be some one can help you if you can post the code snippet that you are trying to run.

-- Parag

Reply to
beeraka

Hello,

I forgot to mention that I'm using the ISE webpack. I wonder if the webpack has some kind of delay in the synthesis step comparing with the ISE Foundation.

Fabio

Reply to
Fabio Rodrigues de la Rocha

No. The only difference between WebPACK and Foundation is device support. If XST is taking too long, feel free to submit a webcase and we'll take a look at it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Lass