Suse 9.1 Linux and Xilinx ISE 6.2i

I just tested xst 6.2.03i. It returned 0 for success and 1 for failure.

C:\>c:\Xilinx62\bin\nt\xst.exe -ifn no_file Release 6.2.03i - xst G.31a Copyright (c) 1995-2004 Xilinx, Inc. All rights reserved. ERROR:Xst:427 - Entry File no_file not found

C:\>echo %ERRORLEVEL%

1

C:\>

Regards, Allan.

Reply to
Allan Herriman

Greetings,

I am currently attempting to install Xilinx ISE 6.2i on a PC running SuSE Linux 9.1 Pro, and would appreciate any hints or instructions that you might share. I am not getting very far on my own. According to the installation instructions, I load the CD and run the setup script (as root) as shown below:

pc-vhdl5:/media/dvdrecorder # ./setup

The setup script fails after getting to the point of running xilsetup. The xilsetup error message is:

/media/dvdrecorder/xilsetup: relocation error: /media/dvdrecorder/bin/lin/libwinsock44.so: symbol h_errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

************ setup done! ***************

I have confirmed that I do have libc.so.6 in the /lib directory (also in /lib/i686 and /lib/tls). However, I cannot verify if my libc.so.6 has a symbol h_errno exported. I am running glibc version 2.3.3-97, installed from the SuSE installation media, and with all current patches applied.

Any help that you could provide would be appreciated. (I understand that Xilinx doesn't claim to support SuSE for ISE, so haven't called their support yet. Perhaps after the holiday weekend.)

Thanks.

Victor Atkinson Syracuse, NY

Reply to
Victor Atkinson

Try setting the environment variable LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1. This works for later versions of Red Hat but have not tried it on Suse. This is needed for the installer and the applications in order to work with the newer.

Report back whether that does the trick or not.

-- Brian

Reply to
Brian Philofsky