|!|!|!|!|!|!|!Sparten 3E : !!!USB 2.0 Driver in the FPGA!!!|!!|!|!|!|!|!|!|!

Hi Programmers this is my first time to join the Forum I'm a senior student in the University of Jordan of Computer Engineering Department

My question is that we know that the EDK tool is like a small controller that is programed into the FPGA & tha it is a ready to use package, now is there such a package that can act as a USB2.0 controller that i can use on my the Spartan 3E kit.

even though there is a USB port on the kit but apparently it is only for programming purposes please if any one can help me because i need this information for my graduation project. THNx for your time to read this

Reply to
Mohammad Abbas

programming purposes please if any one can help me because i need this information for my graduation project. THNx for your time to read this

I believe the USB chip on that board is connected to the JTAG only.

There is a way to add your own registers to the JTAG function of the spartan, which would give you a limited to way to get data into and out of the board.

You could try to modify the board adding some addition wires from the USB chip to the FPGA for user data.

You could buy a Nexys board from Digilent (same company which makes most of the xilinx boards) which has USB for programming and for data, though getting the data working may be challenging.

They also sell the USB chip as a stand alone accessory.

You could buy a USB to serial converter and implement a serial port in the FPGA.

You could use some other interface

Reply to
cs_posting

Hello,

You can use following product from FTDI.

DLP Design - DLP-2232M-G :

To interface with the USB chip, I suggest you use picoblaze. If you need the picoblaze code, let me know.

Isa

Reply to
i_s_uzun