Spartan II-e PCB

hello, I'm about to layout a circuit for a pcb that includes the Xilinx spartan II-e and external circuitry (simple interface elements), I was wondering if anyone has laid out a PCB using the chip, because I know there are a lot of capacitors and resistors and other elements that are on the development board, and I am not sure what needs to be transfered and what doesn't..

George

Reply to
aosik5

Firstly, re read your question. How do you expect a sensible answer with the minute amount of detail you provide !

Anyway, it is better to understand what is going on than copy blindly. Lets play 'twenty questions'.

Do you know what a ground plane is ?

Do you understand what is meant by decoupling - what are all those capacitors and resistors for anyway ?

How many layers will your pcb have ?

What is your clock speed ?

How will your chosen clock speed affect your layout ?

Have you simulated your design - do you know whether it will meet your timing constraints with the pinout you are about to commit to ?

What are you interfacing to - how long and what type of interconnects are used ?

There are lots of articles and Application Notes on topics like these - read and enjoy !

Dave

Posted Via Nuthinbutnews.Com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

Dave Garnett