hook up SRAM to Spartan3

Hi,

Has anyone successfully hooked up an SRAM to the Spartan3 FPGA yet?? If you have, can you tell me how you hooked it up????

Thanks, Ann

Reply to
Ann

Hi,

have, can you tell me how you hooked it up????

Are you looking for a schematic? If so try

This schematic shows you how you can connect a standard synchronous SRAM to the Spartan3.

Matthias Alles

Reply to
Matthias Alles

Hi, Thanks for the schematic. So do you have application notes on how to interface with this sram? Is there a module in your FPGA design that interface with this sram? Thanks, Ann

Reply to
ann

Good to see another EAGLE user.

What are you doing with this board, may I ask?

b r a d @ a i v i s i o n . c o m

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

to interface with this sram? Is there a module in your FPGA design that interface with this sram? Thanks, Ann

You can get an sdram interface on Lattice's website. It can target to a low cost EC fpga.

Teo

Reply to
Teo

Brad Smallridge schrieb:

I just wanted to gain experience in PCB designing with it. If you want to know more detailed what I did with this board so far have a look at

Matthias

Reply to
Matthias Alles

ann schrieb:

interface with this sram? Is there a module in your FPGA design that interface with this sram? Thanks, Ann

I don't have any application notes about it. When you use the EDK of Xilinx you can use the generic SRAM core. But it's not very difficult to write an own SRAM controller, you only need the data sheet of the SRAM..

Matthias

Reply to
Matthias Alles