Spartan 3 Kit

Where is the demo software for this wonderful Spartan 3 kit?

I was most surprised when I plugged in a VGA monitor and saw all the switches, buttons, and jumper dispalyed in multicolors.

Does the keyboard input do something as well?

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

Alex Gibson

Thanks Alex,

I was looking for the font and I think I found it under opb_color_video_ctrl_v1_00_a/ hdl/ vhdl/ opb_color_video_ctrl_v1_00_a/ char_gen_rom. The comments state what bits are what but not what character order the bits are in. Boy, there is a lot of files here. Has anybody deciphered and written about this?

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

I have donloaded all the files. Since I didn't find an .NPL file I created a new project and added the VHDL source files to it. When I went to synthesize it, however, I got an error saying it couldn't find this library file, which I gather has something to do with MicroBlaze.

library Common_v1_00_a; use Common_v1_00_a.pselect;

architecture IMP of opb_color_video_ctrl is

So can I get this file or can I synthesize something without it?

b r a d @ a i v i s i o n . c o m

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

Brad,

The design was done using MicroBlaze and the Embedded Development Kit (EDK). The project was built from the MicroBlaze Master System.

There is a VGA controller core in the project and if you look at the source code and the output to the VGA port in the Master System then you should be able to decipher what character maps to what value in the RAM.

If you are using the core outside of the EDK environment then you will have to make changes to the source code files as they to use some Libraries only found in the EDK tools.

Cheers, Shal> Where is the demo software for this wonderful Spartan 3 kit?

Reply to
Shalin Sheth