Spartan-3 Starter Kit newbie question

I bought a Spartan-3 kit about a year ago and it came with V7.1i of the software, I'm wondering what the kits are shipping with now?

On a related subject I bought a copy of MatLab for use with the Xilinx software in creating DSP functions. I bought R14 which is compatible with the software I now have, but they ran out of the old copies and gave me a copy of the 2006a release instead, anyone have a clue if that will work also?

--

Cecil
KD5NWA

"Sacred Cows make the best Hamburger!"	Don Seglio Batuna
Reply to
Don Seglio

I don't think that Matlab 2006 will work with V7.1 of Xilinx. I use V7.1 of ISE with version 7.0.4 of Matlab.

According to here:

MATLAB v7.1.0/Simulink v6.3 R14.3 Service Pack 3 MATLAB v7.2/Simulink v6.4 R2006a works with System generator 8.2

I assume it is Sysgen that you want to use?

Also, note that Sysgen is not included with the S3 kit, it's a separate purchase, so you might be better using 8.2 of everything Xilinx, in which case it appears that your 2006a of Matlab will be OK....

Or you can download an older version of Matlab from The Mathworks I imagine...

Does that help any?

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.net/electronics.html

I have a funny suspicion that I was sent the wrong Xilinx software with my unit, It's been a year since I bought it and the CPU core generator and DSP software is still functional. But I don't have the proper version of MatLab. At least the DSP software does not complain when I fire it up, the core software is still functional, it let's me generate cores still with no limits as to what to generate. but all this software came with 7.1i which is rather old. Maybe I should be happy and quit worrying about upgrading.

I've been offered a refund if my package of MatLab stays sealed that why I'm asking, if I open it to try it out I'm stuck with it.