Hardware (FPGA) Software(MCU) Interface

Hi all ,

Can any one tell me a generic pattern to designing an interface between MCU(Configuring the Hardware ) and FPGA(used as an accelerator).

My initial thoughts are to have a dual port RAM implemented in FPGA and accessed as a memory mapped device from the MCU and used to configure the Hardware.

Is this viable ? is this the norm? Are there any tutorials on the net that can help(google didnt find any)?

Any help will be appreciated ?

BR Rate

Reply to
ratemonotonic

Google "fpga coprocessor". More than a quarter-million hits.

G.

Reply to
ghelbig