SDK 8.2 error 127

Does anyone out there use SDK version 8.2? I recently migrated from 8.1 where I never had an issue compiling small pieces of test code. Now however things that used to work do not. I have scoured through the Google searches and the Xilinx website to no luck. The error message that I get is very vague, and I do not quite understand what I need to do to solve the issue, the message is as follows: Building file: ../main.c

gcc -O0 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -omain.o ../main.c

gcc: not found

make: *** [main.o] Error 127

make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

Build complete for project temac_testapp

Can anyone shed some light on this for me, I don't think that I have to do much to get things working, but nothing I have tried seems to help. (Go easy on me as I am just starting to use C/C++ and their compilers...simple programs...simple applications, so I'm not all that familiar with some of the terminology.

I appreciate any assistance from anyone.

Thanks,

Jason

Reply to
Jason

never had an issue compiling small pieces of test code. Now however things that used to work do not. I have scoured through the Google searches and the Xilinx website to no luck. The error message that I get is very vague, and I do not quite understand what I need to do to solve the issue, the message is as follows: Building file: ../main.c

to get things working, but nothing I have tried seems to help. (Go easy on me as I am just starting to use C/C++ and their compilers...simple programs...simple applications, so I'm not all that familiar with some of the terminology.

The compiler for microblaze is called mb-gcc.exe, the compiler for power-pc is called powerpc-aebi-gcc-3.4.1.exe

Regards,

Zara

Reply to
Zara

I never had an issue compiling small pieces of test code. Now however things that used to work do not. I have scoured through the Google searches and the Xilinx website to no luck. The error message that I get is very vague, and I do not quite understand what I need to do to solve the issue, the message is as follows: Building file: ../main.c

much to get things working, but nothing I have tried seems to help. (Go easy on me as I am just starting to use C/C++ and their compilers...simple programs...simple applications, so I'm not all that familiar with some of the terminology.

Yes, the question is why EDK suddenly starts to use gcc instead of the other two. It seems to come and go.

Cheers, Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston