Re: Xilinx virtex II DCM CLKFX output not working

Is the DCM locked?

Bob

I've looked through the Xilinx site and found some reference to the

problem

I'm having and tried the suggestions, but to no avail. I am using the DFS > function on a DCM, but I get no output from the CLKFX output....... yes I > have also defined the CLKIN_PERIOD. Has anyone seen this problem ? > > Thanks in advance > Charlie > >
Reply to
Bob

You have to monitor the "LOCKED" output and reset the DCM if lock is not achieved. My reset sequencing module takes this into account and holds the rest of the FPGA in reset until all DCM's are up and running. It resets the DCM's, waits for a period of time and then samples for a lock condition. If no lock was achieved the sequence repeats (reset, look for lock).

To send private email:

0_0_0_0 snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net where "0_0_0_0_" = "martineu"

problem

Reply to