Question to VHDL code fragment

Hi

I came across the following code statement, and here I wonder what does this integer'image attribute with the loc(i) mean?

This RLOC specifies where to put the stuff on an Xilinx FPGA, but I really wonder what the second part is doing. In addition, I have never come across the integer'image attribute.

INST : for i in 0 to WIDTH-1 generate attribute RLOC of u_lut : label is "R" & integer'image(loc(i)) & "C0.S1"; attribute RLOC of u_1 : label is "R" & integer'image(loc(i)) & "C0.S1"; attribute RLOC of u_2 : label is "R" & integer'image(loc(i)) & "C0.S1"; attribute RLOC of u_3 : label is "R" & integer'image(loc(i)) & "C0.S1"; attribute INIT of u_lut : label is "C66C";

thanks C

Reply to
Clemens

For scalar types (integer, std_logic, bit, real, time, etc.) the 'image' attribute returns a string. So integer'image(x) will return the string "123" assuming that 'x' is an integer and has the value

123.

So the code you posted is generating a set of "RLOC" attributes and building up the string representation of that by concatenating the string "R" with a string representing the integer value of 'loc(i)' and the string "C0.S1".

The image attribute doesn't work for vectors though, so you can't say std_logic_vector'image(my_slv)...in case you were wondering about that as well, even though it does not apply to the code you were wondering about.

Kevin Jennings

Reply to
KJ