Question to TBUS-Placement in SPARTAN3 again!

Good morning!

For my own consideration, please:

Is it correct that:

1.) TBUF-elements are not available in SPARTAN3 (physically)? 2.) I cannot make use of TBUF-library elements, also Webpack ISE 6.x is not producing an error? 3.) I can use behavioural descriptions with 'Z'-strengths? The synthesis tool is transforming them to logic regardless if I give the option "-tristate2logic yes/no"? 4.) I can use external (I/O)-TBUFS.

Ok, well thank you for your good support at all!

Thomas.

Reply to
Thomas Bartzick

1 there are no TBUF inside the S3 FPGA fabric 3 you can use 'z' its converted to muxes, but better to avoid using 'z' 4 you can use tristate iobuf of course

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats