New in C to RTL

Hi all

I'm starting a new project for DSP on FPGA , I got an experiance in VHDL but I want to start dealing with C/C++ coding for Hardware description. So any one can help me to answer the following questions:

1) Which is better to start with SystemC or HandelC and what is the major different between them.

2) What tools avaliable for both of them.

3) What is the best avaliable references for both.

Thank you all

Ahmed Elhossini

Reply to
ahosyney

handleC is proprietary and you have to use celoxica's tools with them. SystemC well, you can use as its open source and about to become the ieee std but that apart not only latest versions of some tools like modelsim,VCS and NCsim support it with some restrictions. mentors catapult C does synthesis from native C++ with some guidance. I am not aware how good that is. Forte also has a c-synthesizer but that again is proprietary. But I wonder if you knew VHDL why go for c -based sythesis as the eda tool market is yet to mature on that line and still it wouldnt beat VHDL, since VHDL was developed purposefully for hardware development.

Reply to
Neo

Neo

Thank you a lot for your replay. I'm in nned to go to c- synthesis because I want to implement DSP algorithms on FPGA and I think it is better to write and test the algorithm in C/C++ then convert it to hardware may be more easy than using VHDl.

Best regards

Reply to
ahosyney

Try Confluence