slice macro replace the bus macro in the virtex-4 how to do that?????

hi everyone

we know in the virtex-4 there haven't the bus macro so anyone know if
we need the inter-connection between two block how we can do that ????

xun

Re: slice macro replace the bus macro in the virtex-4 how to do that?????
hm, at DATE yesterday a university guy who is doing partial reconfig
with v2pro claimed that xilinx will come out with v4 partial reconfig
solution in one week time, dont know more, but maybe xilinx is really
having some new things for v4 reconfig

Re: slice macro replace the bus macro in the virtex-4 how to do that?????
that is not news to do partial reconfig with v2pro in the module-based
, but just you said xilinx is really having some new things for v4 PR
but whats the new? and someone in the xilinx said v4 have a new bus
macro "slice macro" to replace TBUF macro like " bus macro" but what is
hell it?

Re: slice macro replace the bus macro in the virtex-4 how to do that?????
well all I know is that a person who is doing some university research
on xilinx partial reconfig, says that he can not do V4 as of today, but
will be able todo withing a week time because xilinx is about to
release something withing one week, that what I was told, what it is
going to be released (if at all) I dont know.

Re: slice macro replace the bus macro in the virtex-4 how to do that?????
Hi xun,

you can use a slice-based bus macro, but at this moment, you need to
develop it. Of course, as Virtex-4 device has not TBUF the slice-based
approach will be used by Xilinx too (I think). I was working with
Spartan-3 (it has not TBUFs) and this approach is useful.

About the use of partial reconfiguration in Virtex-4, there are some
errors using the ISE tools. As the Xilinx people said in previous
messages, they are working on it.

Regards,

Ivan

Re: slice macro replace the bus macro in the virtex-4 how to do that?????
Hello Ivan,

I would like to do a slice-based bus macro.

But i don't know how to do. Could you help me or show me the direction?

Jean-Baptiste

Re: slice macro replace the bus macro in the virtex-4 how to do that?????
Hi Jean-Baptiste,

you can download a presentation about my work in:
http://www.ii.uam.es/~igonzale/recursos/Self_Reconfigurable_Coprocessors.pdf

I think it will be useful to understand how to develop slice-based bus
macros :)

Regards

Ivan

Re: slice macro replace the bus macro in the virtex-4 how to do that?????

Hi Ivan,

could you please comment, on your slide 63, how you compute the values
for the options PartialMask0,1,2 ?

Thanks

Re: slice macro replace the bus macro in the virtex-4 how to do that?????
Hi,

good question!!. I had to read the datasheet information about the frame
configuration in Spartan-3...

Regards,

Ivan

Re: slice macro replace the bus macro in the virtex-4 how to do that?????

Actually, the explanation of these bitgen options in ISE is that it
takes in consideration only the major addresses of block type 0,1,2 in
hex value... but block types is not described here, and the hex chain
generation is not obvious...
I think you are refering to the XAPP452 ?

By the way, Jean-Baptiste, you'll find dozens of resources on the web on
how to create your macros. The latest one is here:
http://fpl.org/RCeducation /
You create those you want with fpga_editor: add 2 slices, route them
automatically, and inside slices, route with the buffers and put wires
inside the LUTs, and you're done!

Re: slice macro replace the bus macro in the virtex-4 how to do that?????

Yes. I did not remember that it was an application note ;)

Regards,

Ivan

Re: slice macro replace the bus macro in the virtex-4 how to do that?????
I want to create macro bus.
How I understood, it is necessary in FPGA Editor to add 2 SLICE
("EDIT->ADD").
Then to put together them between itself through node. But not clearly
what
outputs SLICE_1 is it necessary to conduct node from and on what
entrances
SLICE_2 ?

Re: slice macro replace the bus macro in the virtex-4 how to do that?????
Hello Ivan.
For the assured correct coupling what bus macro is it better to use?
Probably Hard Macro?
I will be very thankful if you were able to lay out separately
something like a *.nmc or *.xdl file.

Beforehand thankful.

Site Timeline