Querying Active-HDL from TCL

This is only approximately the right place to be asking this, but if anyone's going to have an answer, I figure it'll be here.

Does anyone know how actually find anything about a design out from a TCL script in Aldec Active-HDL. Not anything particularly complicated, things like a list of the active libraries, or what models have been compiled into them. Or what files are in a design. Or whether or not a simulation is currently running.

These all seem like trivial and reasonable things to want to know, but I haven't been able to find any documentation telling me how. I can use vlib to create a library, but there doesn't seem to be a call telling me whether or not a library exists.

Anyone know anything on this? Advice for how to do it under ModelSim would help too; there's a lot of cross-over.

Rob Gaddi

I don't know Active HDL but in Modelsim you have the report command which can give you bit and pieces like file list, the state of the simulator, log file locations etc.

You can use the vmap command to list the libraries which are mapped in the modelim.ini file. This does not however tell you which libraries are actually used, it simply echoes the modelsim.ini [Library] section.

The vdir command spews out lots of information on a design unit (or whole library).

Another useful command (but currently broken in the 10.1x release) is the "echo [StartupGetArgs]" command which is useful to find out how Modelsim was invoked (not always clear if invoked from another tool like HDL Designer, ISE etc).

Regards, Hans.

HT-Lab