Quartus2 4.1 SP1 Hangs

At start-up for about 1 minute.

There is no problem with my internet connection (I get the "no updates available" message before the hang)

I have Windows 2000

Help About says : Version 4.1 Build 207 08/26/2004 SJ Full Version SP1 Installed

I had no problem with 4.0 SP1.

I uninstalled 4.0 before I installed 4.1

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary Pace

Hi Gary,

On the Tools->Options->Internet Connectivity first disable the two startup boxes. If the problem still persists, check if the license that is being used under Tools->Options->License Setup is accessible. It is not clear from your description if you have a floating license or a node locked license, or if you are using the LM_LICENSE_FILE. If licensing is the problem send me email describing the type of licensing that is being used and the platform on which you are running Quartus.

Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta

FWIW, it works OK for me with WinXP.