Quartus 4.2 SP1 woes with Samba & !@#$ "Flex"LM

I just upgraded from Quartus 4.1 SP2 to Quartus 4.2 SP1 and encounter a very strange problem. If I try to compile a project, it fails before fitting with a flexLM error 88, something about time having gone backwards.

By much trial and error I found that the problem seems to be linked to the project living on a Linux (SuSE 9.2) Samba server. If I copy it to the local directory, everything works fine. I've double checked that both the client and server machine are within seconds of each other and I never had such a problem with the previous version of Quartus.

Any ideas? (Other than working out of a local directory).

Thanks, Tommy

Reply to
Tommy Thorn

Recent FlexLM releases check some set of file dates to judge if the system clock has been set back to use an expired license. This test can convict the innocent. Try making a fresh directory on the server and copying just the sources files over from the local directory. Check all the file dates and touch them up if necessary before compiling.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler