Quartus II 6.0

How can I do a "clean up project" with Quartus II 6.0?

TIA, Frank

Reply to
Frank van Eijkelenburg

What do you mean with "clean up Project"? Remove unreferenced source files from the project? Remove unwanted settings? Or so?

Best regards,

Ben

Reply to
Ben Twijnstra

Generated netlists etc. All file which are generated from synthesis till assembler phase. In ISE it is an option in one of the menus, in Quartus I can't find it.

Frank

Reply to
Frank van Eijkelenburg

Deleting the "db" subdirectory is a good point to start...

Thomas

"Frank van Eijkelenburg" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@home.com.>> Frank van Eijkelenburg wrote:

Reply to
Thomas Entner

I don't believe there is an automated way to "clean up" the project...

- Project -> Archive project, then unarchive the generated .qar into a new directory. There's quite a few unnecessary files saved in the .qar though, but the 'database' is gone, at least.

- Manually clean the project (Make a backup first, just in case!) As far as I know, the only necessary files are: - *.qpf, *.qsf - your source files (and the source files the MegaWizard generates)

- Maybe write a script/batch file that deletes files? db subdirectory, *.rpt, *.sof, *.pof, *.eqn, *.summary, *.pin, *.xml,

*.done, ...
Reply to
Henry Wong

As Henry Wong stated, doing Archive Project and recreating the project from the archive somewhere else would be a good start, but there's quite a lot of reports that get included in the archive by default that you wouldn't want.

Today I got my hands on a pre-release beta version of Quartus II 6.1, and it has the option of specifying a directory where you want all Quartus's _output_ to go. If you make that different from the project's working directory, life will be a whole lot easier - just delete the db and that specified output directory and you should be all set - but it'll be a few weeks before Quartus II 6.1 will be publically available.

Best regards,

Ben

Reply to
Ben Twijnstra

And any TCL scripts you may have created...

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,

"Frank van Eijkelenburg" wrote in message news:452a03fd$0$17352$ snipped-for-privacy@news.tele.nl...

Use some form of source control (SubVersion, CVS, SourceSafe, etc.). Then simply delete the entire directory and then do a 'get' to get your source files back out of the vault.

KJ

Reply to
KJ