ps2 mouse protocol

Hi, I'm trying to communicate with the ps2 mouse. So I first force the ps2c line to '0' for 100us. Then I force the ps2d line to '0' and ps2c to high impedance. Now the mouse should take over the ps2c line and send a falling edge on ps2c. But it does not, and ps2c stays '1'. And thus my state machine infinitely waits for the falling edge.

Can anyone help me with that ?

Best Regards Thorsten

Reply to
Thorsten Kiefer

Hi Thorsten,

have a look on my website:

In the Files-section there is the source code of a realtime fractal. It includes the VHDL sources of a PS/2 mouse controller. It took me also many hours until the mouse did what I wanted..

Hope this helps, Matthias

Thorsten Kiefer schrieb:

Reply to
Matthias Alles

Maybe you know this already, but here is an invaluable source of information, that i used for PIC uC :

The original page has disappeared but fortunately has been mirrored by countless people.

YG

Reply to
whygee