Problems on Xilinx FIR Core

I wanna implement a digital filter with my XC2S200E, but I'm not very know about DSP theory.

I find Xilinx provide MAC FIR and DA FIR cores, but not very know about the difference between them. could anyone give a brief explanation?

And, about the coe file. I use Matlab FDATool to design the filter, and know that matlab provide a "coewrite" commond for xilinx FIR core use. but it seems that it could only be used in the DA FIR design. then, how do MAC FIR get the coe file?

In my experiment, I generated a MAC FIR core(v3.1 in ISE 7.1iSP3), using the coe file generated by Matlab. I do not know if this coe file is the right one coz I get it from System Generator --> FDATool -->

Export coef to workspace --> generate ISE file. Now I simulate it in the ModelSim and all the answer seems ok. when I implement the design, no output arrives, and even no RFD and RDY signal! I don't know what's wrong...

the reason why I do not just use the SysGen is that I could not master the realationship between System Clock, sample rate, and simulation period in SysGen.

could anyone give some xilinx fir core experience, thanks.

Reply to
AdamS