problem with XC18v01 and Spartan XCS20XL

Hello,

we encounter problems with a XC18v01. In which way is it possible, that the prom loses information ? Most time everything works fine. But after delivering the mashine to the customer, the content of the XC18v01 has changed. We have no idea how this can happen. All the JTAG-Signals of the prom are left open and we supply the whole electronic with two seperated external power-supplies (3.3V 5V).

3.3V for FPGA and Prom. 5V for the digital electronic which interfaces to the FPGA.

I would be glad if anybody can help !

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Binder

Hello, One of the possibility could be due to interference on the JTAG port you can try the following to see if it resolves the problem:

  1. Provide a pull up on the JTAG pins
  2. Use the security bit, by which the contents cannot be read or changed, the device can only be erased.
Reply to
Sandeep Kulkarni

thanks for your advice, we will try this out.

greetings dennis

Sandeep Kulkarni schrieb:

Reply to
Dennis Binder