problem with Modelsim 5.8 Xilinx Edition

Hi

when i launch ModelSim 5.8c XE, the windows with the logo of modelsim( a rhinoceros) open and after a few seconds it close and nothing else happen there no process of modelsim running in the process list of winXP I don't understand because last week It always run correctly. I tried to reinstall Modelsim and it don't change

Does anyone know this problem??

Thank you

Alexis

Reply to
kcl

I've seen that happen when the license file can't be located.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

i had a simular problem with version 5.7 and i solved it removing the file vsim.wlf (located in my working directory) before running modelsim.

hope this help.

Andrea Sabatini

Reply to
Andrea Sabatini

I just tried and it doesn't work I checked up licence file with "diagnose" tool, licence is ok and environment variable is ok too :'(

"Andrea Sabatini" a écrit dans le message de news: 4202315f$0$28981$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl...

Reply to
kcl

Try "vsim -c" in a DOS box or Cygwin shell and see if you get any error messages. Use the "lmutil lmdiag" and "set" command to see if your license file is OK and your LM_LICENSE_FILE variable is pointing to your license file. Also make sure you don't have any expired features/increment lines in your file.

Hans

Hans

I used to have this problem, but it went away after installing XP SP2.

Reply to
gja