Please recomend textbook with AES encryption.

Hi, there:

I am looking for textbook with detailed information on AES encryption and decryption. I have Bernard Sklar's Digital Communications, but it contains DES only.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Frank

"Frank" writes: |> I am looking for textbook with detailed information on AES encryption |> and decryption. I have Bernard Sklar's Digital Communications, but it |> contains DES only.

For a detailed textbook about AES by its designers, have a look at

Joan Daemen, Vincent Rijmen: The Design of Rijndael: AES - The Advanced Encryption Standard Springer, 2002, ISBN 3540425802.

Most newer entry-level cryptography textbooks (e.g., Douglas R. Stinson's Cryptography: Theory and Practice,

3rd edition) contain a couple of pages on AES.

What textbook is best suited for you really depends on your background and for what reason you want to learn about AES (just implement it? start a PhD project to attack it? teach a class?).

Markus

--
Markus Kuhn, Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ || CB3 0FD, Great Britain

Well, my objective is to write a hardware enc/decryptor for AES in FPGA. I am reading the PDF files released on the AES website.

Hope I can get a clue soon.

Reply to
Frank

Hi Frank, You may be able to get a clue from

where someone's already done an IP core! HTH, Syms.

Reply to
Symon