I'm looking for the perfect FPGA dev board for a project I'm contributing to. I've found one that is *almost* ideal, with the drawback being lack of support for 66 MHz PCI bus rates, and an FPGA that's too small: The MESA 5120ds
I was hoping the community would have some suggestions. Basically, we need the FPGA for some high-speed custom data conditioning, and an easy way to get the processed data onto a PC.
- A fairly large FPGA, preferably Xilinx (something as big as a Virtex- II VP20 or VP30 chip)
- PCI capabilities at 66 MHz/32 bits
- (optionally) a PCI bridge chip to greatly simplify the FPGA logic (that is, we'd only need to deal with simple handshaking, rather than using a PCI core and having to create an embedded system)
- Failing the last requirement, the FPGA should be able to handle the Xilinx LogiCORE PCI IP
- 20-30 LVDS pairs through general I/O
- software examples with source code
- working drivers (for either Windows or Linux)
We'd like this for a high-speed custom DAQ system we're making.
Thanks in advance!