A PCI FPGA card I found on ebay

While browsing ebay I came across this -

Its a Spartan xl on a PCI board, and thats about all I know about it. It has no dedicated PCI interface IC, and I'm *really* not up to writing my own, so I thought I'd post it here for the benefeit of anyone who fancies a play around with one of these. I couldn't find much info about them, and the seller didnt bother emailing me back when I asked him for some, so yeah. I suppose it might be good for some of the hobbyists on here.

Reply to
randomdude

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Spartan XL is not supported any more by Xilinx (not from the mainline tools) so while $49 is good price for PCI-FPGA board bying anythign with spartan-XL means that you need to use antique software for development, and that all does not make sense any more.

cheapest PCI-FPGA board (and a very nice board) is MAX2 Starterkit from Altera that board costs $150 and has lot more than just PCI on board and comes with full documentation and sure can be used with latest Altera Software

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Ah, fair enough. Ta for the tips, and the link.. I've been looking for a cheap (decent) PCI fpga board for a while now, I hadn't found anything that cheap before. :) Thanks :)

Reply to
randomdude

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

there are hardly any other PCI-FPGA boards in that price range

but that board costs $249/$299 what is way too much for that board and Memec still has low cost PCI boards but those are 'phasing out' from the offering

both of those are based on S2 what is also old FPGA

Avnet has nice S3-PCI boards but they are a bit more expensive

so for the $150 you get MAX2 what very latest of family, you get PCI, FT245, SRAM and LCD so its really a nice package

I have special project page for MAX2 starterkit support

it isnt much there at the moment, only example how to wire connect the FT245 so the starterkit can be used as plain FT245 test board and simple USB-JTAG interface compatible NUSB (nahitafu USB) specs

I also have partially working clone of Altera USB Blaster, but that isnt finished (eg not working properly)

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Nice, thanks for the info and site :)

I have my eyes on a

Anything IO card (
) mainly because it has a nice big FPGA on it. Its $200US. Seems a fair price to me. Has anyone dealt with that company before?

Reply to
randomdude