Please, help - I have got confused about package type

Hello, I have Spartan 3E1600E Microblaze Development kit with FPGA marked as:

----------------------------- Xilinx SPARTAN XC3S1600E FGG320DGQO617 A1408025A1

4C

----------------------------- KOREA

How I could know its package type? It should be either FG320, or FG400, or FG484. Looking at chip's appearance I thought that it is FG484 (as I know how this looks) but it's marked as FGG320DGQO617 so I am not sure which package type of my FPGA is?

Reply to
Vagant

Hi Vladimir, The clue is FGG320. Or you could could your balls. ;-) HTH., Syms

Reply to
Symon

Okay ;) I just wonder whether FG484 and FG320 chip packages are similar in appearance?

Reply to
Vagant

The "FGG320" portion of the fourth line tells you the package type.

As shown on pages 6 and 7 in the Spartan-3E data sheet, the "FGG320" indicates that this is a Pb-free (RoHS) 320-ball BGA.

Spartan-3E Data Sheet [5.14 MB]

-- Steve Knapp Prevailing Technology, Inc.

Steve Knapp