mapping memory to fpga

hiiiiiii,

I am designing a switch controller to be implemented on FPGA,i need to map memory blocks to FPGA,are there any libraries to do this?Does the simulator automatically map the memory?if so give me an example how to do this.

regards, hema.

Reply to
ashu_19_1980

which FPGA are you using? All the families, basically, have embedded RAM blocks which can be easily instantiated both in a schematic and hdl way. I did it few times with Altera chips APEX and FLEX and turned out very simple on quartus. I usually make a schematic, place the block that I need, follow the wizard and once is done i export the vhdl so that I will place it in my hierarchy. There's going to be an easier way though, this is just the one I worked out by myself.

cheers

Al

ashu_19 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

--