Lattice Mico32 Simulation in Modelsim

Hi,

I have written a Mico32 application in C.

Now I want to simulate my Mico32 system in the Modelsim simulator including the C application (toggling some LEDs, ISR for controling 7 SEGMENT display). As I have found out (by reading the Mico32 HW/SW handbook) I can create a memory initialization file which is 148MByte after generation. For that I have used the Mico32 Software Deployment Tools -> Mico32 On Chip Memory Deployment.

My quesiton: What do I have to do next to simulate it in Modelsim? The Mico32 handbooks are not very helpful concerning that point.

Thanks, Noro

Reply to
noreeli.schmidt

Is 148MB the size of the final contents of the on chip memory? If so, you m ay be doing something very wrong; I don't think I know of any FPGA has on c hip memory anywhere near that large! C code for toggling LEDs and such shou ld not compile to such a huge file.

To simulate it, you should just need a test bench in your chosen HDL that a sserts all the inputs and hooks up all the outputs so you can see them plot ted.

ng the C application (toggling some LEDs, ISR for controling 7 SEGMENT disp lay).

memory initialization file which is 148MByte after generation. For that I have used

co32 handbooks are not very helpful concerning that point.

Reply to
sbattazzo

But how do I get the C program sequence into my HDL design (FPGA embedded memory blocks) for functional simulation if the generated memory ini file is shooting FPGA ressources?

Reply to
noreeli.schmidt

Additional point: The .elf file which is used to generate the memory ini file has 100 KB.

Reply to
noreeli.schmidt

It is very likely that if you wish to simulate such a large program that it won't fit on FPGA resources, it may not be practical to run in the HDL simulator. Keep in mind the simulation will run many orders of magnitude slower than real time.

--

Rick C
Reply to