ISE8.1 on OpenSUSE 64bit

Hi *,

just installed ISE8.1 with SP3 on a 64bit Linux-machine running OpenSUSE

  1. Just thought I'd give it a try, even if it's not officially supported by Xilinx and I haven't read any reports here on people getting it to run successfully (BTW, ISE8.1 works fine on other machines running OpenSUSE, but this is the first 64bit-machine I've tried).

Anyhow, most of it seems to work fine. The system is detected correctly as lin64, the GUI works, and the utilities for flow work all right (meaning XST, ngdbuild, map and so on don't crash and seem to do what they should). The only thing that does not work is par. Starts up all right, it reads in the constraints and displays device utilization, but then exits with a fatal error before it starts placing:

"Starting Placer FATAL_ERROR:PersonalityModule:baspmdlm.c:164:1.25 - dll library does not exist. Process will terminate. To resolve this error, please consult the Answers Database and other online resources at

If you need further assistance, please open a Webcase by clicking on the "WebCase" link at
"

There's nothing on this on the support website. I've opened a web case, but since OpenSUSE is not a supported platform, they probably won't be able to help there.

Has anyone else seen this? "Xil_Legal" strikes me as kind of an odd name for a library. It doesn't exist anywhere in the installation directories, but it's not there on other machines running OpenSUSE either, and on those machines the tools work fine.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

cu, Sean

Reply to
Sean Durkin

FWIW, my ISE8.1 installation has libPlXil_Legal.so in $XILINX/xilinx/bin/lin64 on my RedHat EL3 64-bit machine.

Jim

Sean Durk> Hi *,

Reply to
Jim Wu

Strange... It's not there on my machine... I'll do a reinstall tomorrow, maybe it'll show up...

cu, Sean

Reply to
Sean Durkin

Tried again just now, no luck, no libPlXil_Legal.so anywhere. Strange thing is, it's not there on any other machine either. I have ISE8.1 installed on several Windows and Linux machines, none of the installations has a libPlXil_Legal.so/libPlXil_Legal.dll, but they all work fine, except the one on the 64bit-machine.

cu, Sean

Reply to
Sean Durkin

I don't know why they all work w/o this file. I just checked my other installations (WinXP, and FC3 32-bit) and they all have this file.

Windows: in $XILINX\\xilinx\bin\nt FC3 32-bit: $XILINX/bin/lin/

Reply to
Jim Wu

I don't know why they all work w/o this file. I just checked my other installations (WinXP, and FC3 32-bit) and they all have this file.

Windows: in $XILINX\\xilinx\bin\nt FC3 32-bit: $XILINX/bin/lin/

Jim

Jim Wu

In case anyone's interested: I just installed ISE8.2, and that works fine with OpenSUSE 64bit.

Sean Durkin wrote

Reply to
Sean Durkin

FYI: ISE8.1 SP3 works without problems on Fedora Core 5 64bit (P4 650

3.4GHz)
Reply to
bazarnik