ISE 8.1i WebPack available

Xilinx ISE 8.1i WebPack has just become available.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

I like the new Xilinx Webpack 8.1i interface under Linux, it works great. I am running the Webpack under Gentoo Linux with a 2.6.14 kernel. The Impact tool works well with the parallel port under Linux. I updated the Gentoo HOWTO-Xilinx at:

with the steps that I took to get everything installed and working properly, including the kernel modules needed to get the parallel port JTAG working.

Take care,

-Chris

--
 /> Christopher Cole                                                                     \>
Reply to

On Suse 10.0 with Kernel 2.6.13-15.7-default, Windriver WD700.tgz didn't compile. Insight UK offers a free download for WD702 after registration:

udev is active on my Suse machine, I didn't have to disable it for windriver to compile, so perhaps with 702 your FAQ needs to be revised with regards to udev.

I hope XILINX will use ppdev for parallel port access sometimes, like libusb could be used for the USB access. This windriver things is a constant source of trouble...

I didn't had to change the DISPLAY variable as I had before up to 7.1. Is setting $DISPLAY to :0 still needed on your setup?

Bye

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

Christopher Cole schrieb:

AFAIK, the Win32 version of the Webpack contains Modelsim. Does the Linux version contain it too?

Bye Tom

Reply to
Thomas Reinemann

Modelsim has to be downloaded and licensed seperately.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

No, it's a separate download.

The Xilinx edition is only available for Windows.

AFAIK Webpack includes ISE Simulator on both Windows and Linux.

Reply to
Eric Smith

You don't need the DISPLAY :0 for ise project navigator and impact but you still need it for almost all the other progz (PACE, FPGA editor, FloorPlanner etc).

Mehdi

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™