ISE 7.1i & Linux / reg code question

Well,

John McCluskey and Kamal were right -- the reg code I had was for Foundation with ISIM. A new code for Foundation without ISIM works under Linux!

Xilinx: This might be something to add to an FAQ on Foundation ISE Linux installation.

Just wondering, is it normal for the installer to finish and not add any icons or anything?

I found the ISE binary in one of the folders and executed it and the GUI came up and worked.

Next step is the EDK...

Thank you all! Ram.

Reply to
Ram

Under Unix? Sure, you cannot know the user's desktop environment.

Perhaps there are some recommendations in the FHS (or LSB), but I wouldn't currently rely on it.

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Lieber Gras rauchen als Grass lesen (gesprochen kommt das besser)
Reply to
Adrian Knoth