Include design file using QuartusII

Hi,

When using QuartusII 2.2 how can someone include a design file which is made in another project?

I have tried by using the "Add/Remove files in project" to include a Block diagram file I have made in a different project and I set the compiler to focus onto that file but it gives me the error: "Node instance inst instantiates undefined entity altsyncram0". I understand that it have not found the files that were created by using the megafunction. One option is to go to that folder and start copying the files into this project's folder. But I am sure this is not the best way.

I thing I read everything in the help files about hierarchies but I haven't found somewhere that describes this..

Reply to
Christos

In fact you must have to put in "Add/Remove files in project" the files created by the megafunctions too (this files aren't in a common library because you just create a specific version of a generic project), when you use a lot of megafunctions in projects this work becomes tedious and inefficient (it is better to copy the files to the new folder). But You have to do it only if you want making changes in the project.

If you don't need to make changes in the design you can use a 'vqm' version of the project and put only this file on the "Add/Remove files in project" . To do it, in the project that you want to use, select in assigments/settings/compiler settins/synthesis the option "save a node level (...) (Verilog Quartus Mapping File)", and recompile.

You can instantiate the *.vqm to your vhdl or If You are using the squemathic editor (block desig file), create a symbol to the *.vqm and put it on the block desing file. I hope it could help you in something,

Ivan

Reply to
Ivan

Based on the message it looks like altsyncram0 is a part of the "different" project. You have one of two choices:

  1. Copy all files used by the different project into the new project directory or
  2. Add the "different" project directory as a user library in the new project. You can do this from the Assignment->Settings->Files & Directories->User Libraries dialog.

Hope this helps.

- Subtotal Data Alter Corp.

made

the