LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file Flash2808_API_V302.lib

I am trying to develop a Flash program utility using RS232 serial
communication for TMS320F2808 target board with out using any compile
tools(like Code Composer Studio), and eliminating the manual intervention.

My main intention is to avoid manual intervention and perform the Flash
operations through command line, once i open a communication channel(COM
port) and SCI A/B channel.

I am developing this application in "Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition"
environment. I have set of source files, driver files for Flash2808 and i
have Flash2808 API calls required for my application.

I have the TMS320F2808 Flash API V3.02 library file
"Flash2808_API_V302.lib" to make use of this API function calls. But when i
include the library file "Flash2808_API_V302.lib into my visual C++
project, i get the following Linker Error :

1>Linking...
1>C:\TestRS232\TestRS232\lib\Flash2808_API_V302.lib : fatal error LNK1136:
invalid or corrupt file

I got the TMS320F2808 Flash API V3.02 library file
"Flash2808_API_V302.lib" dated 16 January 2006 from TI's web site.

I have placed this library file in my "C:\TestRS232\TestRS232\lib" folder
and changed the project settings to include this library file.

I have changed at the following in the project settings to include the
library :

(a) Linker -> General -> 'Additional Library Directories'
(b) Linker -> Input -> 'Additional Dependencies'
(c) Linker -> Advanced -> 'Import Library'

I am struck with this linker error and if i resolve this linker error, i
think i can proceed further in my development.

Can anyone please help me, how to get out of this problem. Please suggest
on the changes which i need to do.

Waiting for the reply from anyone as early as possible. Thanks in advance.

Marcos.

Re: LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file Flash2808_API_V302.lib

[...]

While ago I developed the flash programming utility for 28xx from
scratch without using any APIs and libs.

I hope you realize that this is going to be the business. The contact is
at my web site.

Vladimir Vassilevsky
DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
http://www.abvolt.com

Re: LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file Flash2808_API_V302.lib

I am sorry to have to tell you this, but you are not going to get out
of this problem.  There is a very serious misunderstanding on your
part about what that library is.

It is NOT a library that you link in program build with Visual C++ or
any other compiler that makes programs for a PC.

It is a library that contains precompiled functions in 2808 object
code, that needs to be executed from internal RAM on the 2808.

So there is no way you can build this library into a PC program.

Wasn't there an application note that came with the file?  It should
explain all this.

--
Jack Klein http://JK-Technology.Com
FAQs for