LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file Flash2808_API_V302.lib

Hi,

I am trying to develop a Flash program utility using RS232 serial communication for TMS320F2808 target board with out using any compile tools(like Code Composer Studio), and eliminating the manual intervention.

My main intention is to avoid manual intervention and perform the Flash operations through command line, once i open a communication channel(COM port) and SCI A/B channel.

I am developing this application in "Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition" environment. I have set of source files, driver files for Flash2808 and i have Flash2808 API calls required for my application.

I have the TMS320F2808 Flash API V3.02 library file "Flash2808_API_V302.lib" to make use of this API function calls. But when i include the library file "Flash2808_API_V302.lib into my visual C++ project, i get the following Linker Error :

1>Linking... 1>C:\TestRS232\TestRS232\lib\Flash2808_API_V302.lib : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file

I got the TMS320F2808 Flash API V3.02 library file "Flash2808_API_V302.lib" dated 16 January 2006 from TI's web site.

I have placed this library file in my "C:\TestRS232\TestRS232\lib" folder and changed the project settings to include this library file.

I have changed at the following in the project settings to include the library :

(a) Linker -> General -> 'Additional Library Directories' (b) Linker -> Input -> 'Additional Dependencies' (c) Linker -> Advanced -> 'Import Library'

I am struck with this linker error and if i resolve this linker error, i think i can proceed further in my development.

Can anyone please help me, how to get out of this problem. Please suggest on the changes which i need to do.

Waiting for the reply from anyone as early as possible. Thanks in advance.

Marcos.

Reply to
Marcos

[...]

While ago I developed the flash programming utility for 28xx from scratch without using any APIs and libs.

I hope you realize that this is going to be the business. The contact is at my web site.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 21:29:24 -0500, "Marcos" wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

I am sorry to have to tell you this, but you are not going to get out of this problem. There is a very serious misunderstanding on your part about what that library is.

It is NOT a library that you link in program build with Visual C++ or any other compiler that makes programs for a PC.

It is a library that contains precompiled functions in 2808 object code, that needs to be executed from internal RAM on the 2808.

So there is no way you can build this library into a PC program.

Wasn't there an application note that came with the file? It should explain all this.

--
Jack Klein http://JK-Technology.Com
FAQs for