How to run FreeRtos on MSP430

Dear all,

I want to run FreeRTOS on my MSP430 platform, but I have a problem. I downloaded FreeRTOS and tried to start demo project for IAR, but it seems I have older version of IAR which can not start demo project. Than I tried to make project myself from source code files. I have added all files into my project and tried to compile it. But linker says that it can not find references to functions which are used for creating tasks on specific port. One of the functions is called something like vPortMalloc.....

Please help !

Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

brOS

Have you included source/portable/memmang/heap_1.c or heap_2.c or heap_3.c in your project.

Have you included source/portable/iar/msp430 in the include path?

--
Regards,
Richard.

seems

tried

into

find

port.

systems.

I have copied all source and header files into one folder and then I made a project adding all files in it. I have checked all include statements(at least I think I checked them all) and change them in #include "xxxxx". As far I can remember I didn't include any of those heap.c files, but I have included files from source/portable/iar/msp430 folder .......

I am wondering if there is some step by step instruction for starting FreeROS on MSP430 using IAR...

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

brOS

That is the problem then.

--
Regards,
Richard.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
FreeRTOS info

systems.

Yes , it's OK now:)

Thanks a lot !!!

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

brOS

But I have one more question? How to write ISR for MSP430 using IAR and FreeRTOS. I tried to use #pragma directive but it not works. The problem is that there is no examples of ISR interacting with FreeRTOS. I looked for TickISR in FreeRTOS and it is written in assembly, and I would like to write my ISR in C... Please help....

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

brOS

Look in the FreeRTOS\Demo\msp430_IAR\serial directory of the FreeRTOS download - there is a very basic UART driver that has an interrupt that interacts with the kernel. Generally GCC is the only compiler that allows the whole thing to be done in C *if* you want the ISR to be able to cause a context switch.

--
Regards,
Richard.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
FreeRTOS info

is

for

systems.

How should I configure FreeRTOS to be able to run it on MSP430f2274. The problem is it has only 1KB of RAM. I tried to run FreeRTOS on MSP430f449 and it works, but when I try to run it on MSP430f2274 FreeRTOS it can't allocate memory for tasks. I had to reduce size of heap because of its small RAM but when I do that I have a problem with memory allocation. I am using IAR workbench....

Please help ...

Regards, brOS

brOS