How to use ISE FPGA Editor to compare timing path easily?

Hi, I have a memory controller desing implemented for Virtex4 chip. I know there are some timing problem and suspect that it is because the delay difference between the different timing pathes are too much.

There is a common clock generated from DCM driving all the logic.

Currently I launtch the desing in FPGA Editor and try to collect the delay for all the pathes, but that is really a lot of work. I start from the DCM output, count the delay one net by one net up to the pad, and sum them up.

And do this for all the pathes seem impossible.

I wonder if there are any trick to do this kind of thing faster?

Thanks.

Reply to
linq936

Are you not using the FFs in the IOBs? If not, why not?

To specifically answer your question, in a case where for some reason you do not want to use the IOB FFs, the easy way to do that is to set a timing constraint for FF to PAD delay for the paths in question. Then the static timing report (*.twr) will tell you exactly what paths are failing, and exactly what all the delays are within those failing paths.

Reply to
Duane Clark